Seane Corn is an internationally celebrated yoga teacher, activist, and the founder of "Off The Mat, Into The World." She's also one of our own personal sheroes and, we believe, one of the true teachers of our time.
In this episode, she talks about the link between trauma and addiction, the mind-body connection, her own OCD, and how the practice of yoga helps us heal. I got to share the story of meeting Seane 20 days sober at Kripalu in 2014 (where I was introduced to her concept of "Non-Negotiables" - something that really changed my life and my recovery) and Holly talks about how taking Seane's class and hearing her message re-awakened her own purpose.
More about Seane and her work can be found on her website: www.seanecorn.com.
- Anatomy of The Spirit by Caroline Myss
- Sacred Contracts by Caroline Myss
- Invisible Warfare by Mona Miller
- Non-Negotiables: The Foundation for Everything Else - a post I wrote after attending Seane's yoga workshop when I was 20 days sober.
- What it Means to Start Where You Are - another post I wrote after her workshop, inspired by her teachings.
- Yogaglo - One of my favorite resources. Seane's classes are available here (her hip opening and shoulder opening are my two favorite on Yogaglo!).
- Off The Mat, Into The World - the non-profit Seane founded in 2007.