If you're just starting to use essential oils, here are a few things you may want to get to help you use them effectively.
- A diffuser or two. Many of the doTERRA starter kits come with a petal diffuser, which I’ve found to be wonderful and long-lasting. Other diffusers can be found on Amazon. I like this one ($25) and this one ($35) because they are small, have several light colors and auto-timers. I have two petal diffusers for my bedroom and living room and smaller ones that I travel with/bring to yoga. When I worked in an office, I kept one in there too - wonderful for keeping me grounded.
- Fractionated coconut oil. This is what you can use when you apply the oil to your skin or create your own roller balls. doTERRA brand is great, therapeutic grade, and relatively inexpensive ($12 wholesale). I use it as lotion with a few drops of the oil I want to smell. Other uses here. I have two bottles at all times.
- Spray mist bottles. Add any oil(s) to these with water to create sprays you can use around the house. I have Wild Orange spray in the bathrooms and OnGuard for around the kitchen. I use Peppermint and Lavender together as a spray in my yoga classes.
- Roller balls. You can use these to very easily create blends you like with coconut oil and the essential oils. Easy to put in your bag, purse, car, office.
- Small carrier bag. I have this one and I put it in my purse, bring on airplanes, bring to class when I teach, etc. Small and cute and it holds ten bottles.
- As an extra, I bought one of these beautiful rose gold oil diffuser necklaces. Not necessary but I love it and get so many compliments on the way it looks.